1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Finished BW2 1U Master Tournament 6

Discussion in 'BW2 1U / Ubers Seasons' started by Ortheore, Apr 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ortheore

Ortheore Leader

Season points in the first stage will be awarded for every battle won. In the elimination rounds, two points will be awarded for winning the set.

Tour format

This tournament is divided into two stages- the initial stage and the elimination stage

Initial stage

This stage consists of two rounds (one week each), with each round consisting of three battles. In order to advance to the next stage, each player must win three of their six battles. After the initial stage, the tournament progresses on to the elimination stage, unless it is absolutely impossible to create a reasonable bracket.

Elimination stage

This is single elimination, with each match being Bo3. Players are seeded as best as possible based on the results from the initial stage. The bracket should be able to be resolved with 1v1 and 1v1v1 matches, with at most a handful of byes.

Why I use this format

I've implemented this format to address issues with standard single elimination, where half of all players would play just a single match and be done with the tournament. That kind of result is thoroughly unsatisfactory for many players, especially those who expected to go deep into the tournament. The initial stage addresses this by requiring that all players play at least two sets, which is a more substantial experience, while also being relatively generous in terms of who progresses to the following round

Once again, you need to win three battles across the first two weeks to advance to the following round! All matches after the first stage are ft2w (Bo3)

Be sure to check out the viability rankings for discussion of the tier!

Please be visibly active in scheduling matches (VMs)! If you contact via means that I can't see (e.g. Discord PM) then it is up to you to inform me of how things have gone in the event that a match comes to activity. Also, feel free to request extensions, I really don't mind giving them most of the time.

First Stage (round one)- deadline is Monday 16th April
    Reminder that this is three battles, NOT Bo3
    Joyverse (2-1) p2 (Forfeit) Bro Kappa
    AriiStella♥'' (activity) Lasen
    Alfredo_Rivero
    (2-1) Ortheore
    steelskitty 1-2 raimon
    Ryum vs byronthewellwell
    Caetano93 (activity) WhiteLion
    Sas0 0-3 Pendragon

First Stage (round two) deadline is Thursday 27 April

Joyverse (0-3) WhiteLion
    Lasen (1-2) steelskitty
    p2 vs Ryum
    byronthewellwell vs Pendragon
    Alfredo_Rivero vs raimon
    Ortheore (3-0) Sas0

Quarterfinals- deadline is Monday 7th May
    All matches are ft2w (Bo3)
    Players are seeded based on the results from the first stage, with all ties being randomly determined

Pendragon vs bye
    Ortheore vs p2
    Alfredo_Rivero 1-2 Lasen
    WhiteLion 1-2 steelskitty

Semifinals- deadline is Tuesday 15th May
    Pendragon 0-2 Ortheore
    Lasen
    2-0 steelskitty

Final
    Ortheore 1-2 Lasen

Third Place Playoff
    Pendragon (activity) steelskitty

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  2. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Fur and Power Member

Is there a way to earn more than 3 points in the first round?

3. Ortheore

Ortheore Leader

Yes, the first stage spans two weeks, so a maximum of 6 points can be earned.

I think my terminology here is a bit suspect though. Perhaps it would be better to refer to the initial round as the first stage, with this week being the first round. Might go ahead and change it.

4. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Fur and Power Member

Alright. Are you guaranteed to get 6 points for getting through the first stage?

5. Joyverse

Joyverse DELETE! DELETE! DELETE! Member

Bro Kappa gave me the win.

[​IMG]

6. Ortheore

Ortheore Leader

Loss 1-2 vs Alfredo, ggs well played

I hope everyone's scheduling is going fine!

7. Alfredo_Rivero

Alfredo_Rivero Member

Won 2-1 vs Ortheore, ggs.

8. Ortheore

Ortheore Leader

Ok, so not a lot of battles have been done, but most players are in contact so I'm just going to extend this round until Thursday.

I'm sending pms to Ariistella, Lasen and Caetano93, as they have not been in contact with their opps afaik

9. raimon

raimon Member

Won in 3, sry for hax I got rly lucky

10. p2

p2 Member

in as a sub if possible

11. steelskitty

steelskitty Season Host

12. Pendragon

Pendragon Member

Won 3-0 against Saso

Alfredo_Rivero likes this.
  13. Ortheore

Ortheore Leader

Sorry for my lack of activity the past few days, irl has been bloody frantic

Based on lack of communication with their opponents and myself, I'm removing Caetano93 and AriiStella♥'' from the tour. This counts as a 3-0 win for their opponents

First Stage (round two) deadline is Thursday 27 April
    Joyverse vs WhiteLion
    Lasen vs steelskitty
    p2 vs Ryum
    byronthewellwell vs Pendragon
    Alfredo_Rivero vs raimon
    Ortheore vs Sas0

Additionally, subbing p2 in place of Bro Kappa for round one Joyverse (this was randomly determined)

I'd like to point out that unfinished matches from round one can still be completed! On that note, since a number of you have got two matches at the same time, if you need an extension feel free to let me know, I'll generally be happy to grant it

Joyverse likes this.
  14. WhiteLion

WhiteLion Member

Won all the games ggs

Joyverse likes this.
  15. Joyverse

Done with White, Need to hunt down P2 cuz he's been missing for a while. Would like an extension till Wed-Thurs if possible or calling act.

Edit: In contact with P2 on Discord.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  16. Ortheore

Ortheore Leader

Won 3-0 vs Sas0, ggs well played

17. Joyverse

Currently at 1-1 with P2. Didn't do the last game due to bad connections. Will get our last game done ASAP. Sorry Boss.

18. steelskitty

steelskitty Season Host

2-1 vs lasen, ggs

Joyverse, Lasen and Dream like this.
  19. Ortheore

Ortheore Leader

Extending until Monday, since most people are in contact.

That said, p2 and Ryum, how are you guys going?

20. Joyverse

2-1 versus P2. GGs and thanks for standing me during the various DCs.

21. Alfredo_Rivero

Alfredo_Rivero Member

Activity, my oppo and me scheduled one time in sunday but he never appeared, i wrote to him to reprogram one hour, he only told me one hour in which I could not, I said that I could not at that time and he has not written again.

22. Pendragon

Pendragon Member

Act ig, my opp said to play sunday but i dont found him at least with his main nick, i was waiting since my morning, tbf we've like 15 hours of diference,

23. Ortheore

Ortheore Leader

Sorry for the delay in posting the round.

Activity wins granted to Pendragon, Alfredo_Rivero and p2. In the former two cases they've made activity posts stating their opps missed scheduled times. In the latter case, I couldn't find any contact between P2 and Ryum, but P2 completed their matches against Joyverse, whereas Ryum hasn't completed any matches. All those who received an activity win will be awarded a 3-0 score for that match. As for Byron vs Ryum, I'm calling that a dead game, since neither of them completed any of their other matches.

Scores from the first stage (does not distinguish between battle wins and activity wins)
    Pendragon 6-0
    WhiteLion 6-0
    Alfredo_Rivero 5-1
    Lasen 4-2
    Ortheore 4-2
    p2 4-2
    steelskitty 3-3
    -----Users above this line advance to the next round-----
    Joyverse 2-4
    Sas0 0-6

Quarterfinals- deadline is Monday 7th May
    All matches are ft2w (Bo3)
    Players are seeded based on the scores above, with all ties being randomly determined

Pendragon vs bye
    Ortheore vs p2
    Alfredo_Rivero vs Lasen
    WhiteLion vs steelskitty

Joyverse likes this.
  24. steelskitty

steelskitty Season Host

won 2-1 vs whitelion. ggs

Joyverse likes this.
  25. Lasen

Lasen I win medals Member

won 2-1 vs Alfredo. ggs

Joyverse likes this.
  26. Ortheore

Ortheore Leader

Granting myself an activity win, since P2 didn't respond to either a VM or PM, and I couldn't access their smogon profile. Please let me know if you wish to see evidence, since I'm aware this is a conflict of interest

Sorry for the delay

Semifinals- deadline is Tuesday 15th May

Pendragon vs Ortheore
    Lasen vs steelskitty

27. Ortheore

Ortheore Leader

Won 2-0 vs Pendragon, ggs well played.

Since there was a bit of confusion, this round is Bo3, not three battles or w/e.

I'm going to have to work on a post explaining how this format works, because I agree that it can be confusing and I'm probably not doing a good job communicating it

28. Lasen

Lasen I win medals Member

won 2-0 vs steel, ggs.

29. Ortheore

Ortheore Leader

30. Ortheore

Ortheore Leader

Loss 2-1 vs Lasen, ggs well played

Lasen likes this.
  31. Ortheore

Ortheore Leader

Gonna go ahead and call activity on steelskitty vs Pendragon, with Steelskitty getting the win as Pendragon has not responded to VM

This means this tournament has now concluded. Just to recap:
    • You earn one season point for each battle won in the initial stage (max 6). Activity wins are treated as a 3-0 win.
    • You earn two points for winning a match in the elimination stage (i.e. 2-0 or 2-1).
    • Lasen, myself and steelskitty all receive prizes ($15, $10 and $5 AUD respectively). However, as the prizes from a single tournament are quite small, you'll have to request that they be paid, otherwise I'll record the amount you've won and it'll hopefully accumulate (I'm not going to chase people up over something as small as $5, but if you want the prize it's all your's, just let me know)
    Tournament scores and prize money balances can be viewed here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.