1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. Also, let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Ongoing BW2 1U Master Tournament 4

Discussion in 'BW2 1U Seasons' started by Ortheore, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Ortheore

Ortheore Leader

Signups

All matches in the group stage are three two battles. All matches in the elimination stage are first to two wins (ie. Bo3, ignoring ties)

Players will receive 4 or 6 points for placing 2nd or 1st respectively in their groups, and receive 2 points for defeating an opponent in an elimination stage. If a player fails to advance beyond the group stage they will receive points equal to the number of battles won.

Placing in the group stage is determined by no. of wins. If players only partially complete their three two battles and neither side has forfeited, no wins will be counted on the unplayed matches

For discussion of the tier, check out the viability rankings

Please be visibly active in scheduling your battles! VMs are great and make things a lot easier if it comes to activity.

Group Stage- Deadline for all matches is Monday 22nd January. Activity enquiries and possibly subs will be made from Monday 15th January.

Group A
    Ortheore (0-2) - autumn leaves (2-0) - DDarken Mael - WhiteLion

Group B
    Rennyjesus (2-2) - Mysterious M (1-3) - The Notorious B.I.G. (5-1) - ThrashNinjax (0-2)

Group C
    Teddeh (0-2) - byronthewellwell (4-2) - Stepchild (0-4) - hellpowna (4-0)

Group D
    drud - Contact (1-1) - DMA (1-3) - Varyel (2-0)

Group E
    Hassin627 (0-2) - Chano (0-2) - Durza - Acsel (4-0)

Group F
    melle2402 (0-4) - SaDiSTiCNarwhal (0-2) - Gunner Rohan (6-0) - AAamen (2-2)

Subs

Mael

Elimination round 1
    1. Winner of A vs 2nd place of D
    2. Winner of B vs 2nd place of E
    3. Winner of C vs 2nd place of F
    4. Winner of D vs 2nd place of A
    5. Winner of E vs 2nd place of B
    6. Winner of F vs 2nd place of C

Semifinal
    7. Winner of 1 vs Winner of 2
    8. Winner of 3 vs Winner of 4
    9. Winner of 5 vs Winner of 6

Final
    Winner of 7 vs Winner of 8 vs Winner of 9

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018 at 11:33 PM
  2. SaDiSTiCNarwhal

SaDiSTiCNarwhal Member

Alright so to get to finals, I gotta go through melle and gunner, then most likely Byron, and then most likely one of CKW/Orth/WhiteLion/BKC. Good times..

3. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Fur and Power Leader

How are points awarded for getting through the group stage?

Is it impossible for there to be some sort of a bracket reset (even if it's only partial) in the group stage?

4. Gunner Rohan

Gunner Rohan Member

won vs melle

byronthewellwell likes this.
  5. Disaster Area

think u need to say score (2-1 or 3-0 or 2 wins and a tie)

6. melle2402

melle2402 Host Emeritus

2-0 for gunner. ggs

7. Mysterious M

Mysterious M Member

got haxed to shit out of g1 and lost g2. Love mons.

byronthewellwell likes this.
  8. The Notorious B.I.G.

The Notorious B.I.G. hoot hoot Member

not rlly

won 2-0, ggs.

9. Gunner Rohan

Gunner Rohan Member

won in 2 vs aamen

10. Ortheore

Ortheore Leader

I'm thinking 2, 4, 6 for 3rd, 2nd and 1st respectively

What did you have in mind?
    ==================
    I just want to point out that in the group stage it's 3 battles, not Bo3. Having said that, it's not too late to simply switch to having two battles instead, since every set has only played two battles thus far. If people want to switch over to two battles, please let me know, otherwise it'll stay three battles (in the meantime, assume nothing's changing)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  11. Gunner Rohan

Gunner Rohan Member

won vs sadistic narwhal 2-0

12. SaDiSTiCNarwhal

SaDiSTiCNarwhal Member

Do my games vs gunner have to count? I played like utter dogshit... sigh. Those games made me look like a pre-k kid playing mons

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  13. hellpowna

hellpowna the one and only Member

Won 2-0 vs stepchild, ggs

14. The Notorious B.I.G.

won 2-0 vs ninjax

15. Ortheore

Ortheore Leader

Alright, going to go ahead and switch things over to two battles per match, but you all really need to actually pay attention to the rules and stuff I say.

To be clear, as of now if you play a 3rd battle in your match it will not count. A 2-1 result will be recorded as 1-1.

16. Disaster Area

I think that if you make it through the group stage it shouldn't matter if you came first or second, otherwise you can end up w absurd situations where the person who wins in the final can get less points than the person they beat.

My opinion is that they should get a fixed amount of points if they get through the group stage, and if they don't make it through, they should get as many points as battles won. And hence that means we need to figure out the most wins you can get whilst not making it through, and then make the amount of points players earn from winning the group stage the next integer greater than that.

17. Disaster Area

Doing the maths on that, here's how someone who doesn't make the second round could win as many battles as possible, given that every player plays 2 matches against every other player. Firstly, just considering wins & losses, and not draws:
    Then, accounting for draws too:
    It's not exactly a mathematical proof but I'm pretty sure it reached the answer we require.

In that case, we would distribute points for players as follows:
    - If you get through the group stage, you receive 4 points
    - If you don't get through the group stage, you receive 1 point per battle won, and 0.5 points per battle drawn.

18. Ortheore

Ortheore Leader

Awarding points based on no. battles won if they don't make it through makes sense. Might implement that.

I still think there should be a difference between placing first and second though, it's just that that difference should be smaller than the number of points gained from advancing a round, which should be sufficient to eliminate the cases you describe. Perhaps 1st and 2nd could award 5 and 4 points respectively? Alternatively, could make elimination rounds 3 points and keep 1st place in a group at 6 points. What do you think is best?

19. Disaster Area

If it's a single point more for a higher placing in the group stage you can get the final winner and the final loser getting the same number of points, which is still absurd.

My point of view in general is that you must award the same number of points for all players who make it through a round, otherwise you can end up with a player who wins the tournament getting equally as many or fewer points than the player who they beat in the final.

20. DMA

DMA Also known as CKW on SmogForums Member

won 2-1 vs contact.
    This guy needs to grow up. Or atleast get his eyes checked, spots hax on his side when he 1v1ed my spdef ogre with his darkrai solely by dark pulse flinching. Stop bro

21. Ortheore

Ortheore Leader

Unless I'm missing something this only holds true if the loser receives points despite losing, which I've only implemented in group stage thus far

22. Disaster Area

Hm, I guess. It's standard policy in general in seasons though that you get points even when you lose a set if you win a battle in that set.

One other problem though is to do with the possibility that a player could win every tournament in the season but not get all of the points available.

If you win the group stage, and win the tournament, you get 5+6=11 points. If you come 2nd in the group stage and win the tournament, you get 4+6=10 points. So you could win every tournament in a season and get 30 points but the maximum available is 33.

I guess it's not technically the biggest issue, but yeah idk this is not my preferred way of doing it.

I'd prefer awarding points for players who win battles but lose sets, and not awarding higher points for a better group stage placing. You would rather not award points for players who win battles but lose sets, and award higher points for a better group stage placing.

What do you do if two players do equally well in the group stage, e.g., presume players A-D, getting these results:
    A 1 - 1 B
    A 2 - 0 C
    A 2 - 0 D
    B 2 - 0 C
    B 2 - 0 D
    C 1 - 1 D
    The overall points are:
    A - 5
    B - 5
    C - 1
    D - 1
    How many points do A & B get? How does this compare with how many points A & B get when A comes first and B comes second, in the group stage?

23. byronthewellwell

byronthewellwell Member

won 2-0 vs stepchild

24. hellpowna

hellpowna the one and only Member

Won 2-0 vs byronthewellwell

Gunner Rohan likes this.
  25. byronthewellwell

byronthewellwell Member

26. Varyel

Varyel Member

As some kind of activity report, I scheduled with CKW to play this Monday. I need to reschedule with my other two oppos though.

27. Acsel

Acsel Member

Won 2-0 vs Hassin627, ggs

28. Acsel

Acsel Member

Won also 2-0 vs Chano, ggs

29. The Notorious B.I.G.

playing only two battles is stupid but I went 1-1 vs rennyjesus because he dodged and crit every move game 1

30. Rennyjesus

Rennyjesus Member

My Two Matches against The Notorious Big went split (1-1)

See ya!

31. Mysterious M

Mysterious M Member

32. Rennyjesus

Rennyjesus Member

My two matches against Mysterious M went also split 1-1 (sorry about the hax dude, u truly played well)

33. Ortheore

Ortheore Leader

34. Varyel

Varyel Member

Won 2-0 vs DMA, ggs. The thunder para was kinda bs on g2 but i sacced giratina w/o reason having kabutops. Soz and gl in the rest buddy!
    idk nothing about the other two players tho.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018 at 8:30 PM
  35. AAamen

AAamen Member

Haxed 2-0 vs Melle

36. autumn leaves

autumn leaves Member

won 2-0 vs ortheore ggs

37. Ortheore

Ortheore Leader

yeah ggs, a little annoyed at how I played though lol

38. autumn leaves

autumn leaves Member