1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. Also, let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Ongoing BW2 1U Master Tournament 2

Discussion in 'BW2 1U Seasons' started by Ortheore, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Ortheore

Ortheore Senior Moderator

Signups

Reminder: Every series is first to 2 wins!

For those who are unaware, Drud is temporarily unavailable for hosting so I'm filling in.

Round 1 (0/8 Finished) - Contact deadline: 9 August 23:00 (-6), match deadline 14 August 23:00(-6)
    1. DMA (2-1) peach_nair
    2. Huston p2 (2-0) SamuelBest
    3. Zeden (activity) chop
    4. Ortheore (1-2) Foggi
    5. Genio. drud (flip) melle2402
    6. Eseque (snaite's new account) Cali (forfeit) Linkin Karp
    7. K Legacy (0-2) tjdaas
    8. SaDiSTiCNarwhal (activity) byronthewellwell

Round 2 (0/4 Finished) - Deadline: 21 August 23:00 (-6)
    9. DMA vs p2
    10. chop (2-?) Foggi
    11. drud vs Cali
    12. tjdaas vs SaDiSTiCNarwhal

Semi-Final (0/2 Finished) - Deadline: TBD
    13. Winner of 9 vs chop
    14. Winner of 11 vs Winner of 12

Final
    15. Winner of 13 vs Winner of 14

Pokemon Perfect's Tiers

Substitutes
    Cali
    p2
    drud

Seeding

There is no seeding, and there will not be seeding until Season 4. Brackets have been randomly determined, which is also true of who is acting as sub.

Ties

Any matches which result in a tie are ignored.

2 Points are awarded for completing a round. Every battle victory in a series which you lose contributes 1 point. In the final, this formula is used for deciding upon the number of the unsuccessful finalists:
    Floor[(total number of battles won)/2]
    Or in words, take the number of battles won, divide that number by 2, and then round it down.

About Simulators

It is recommended games are played on Pokemon Perfect's Server, but players can play elsewhere (such as smogtours or PS main) if both players agree.

About Deadlines

Any matches not played by the deadline will be coin flipped unless one or both players have submitted a request for an activity win. Additionally, any player deemed inactive can be subbed out at the sub in time. Players who have not contacted by the arrival of the Contact Deadline without alerting the host prior to this that they would not be able to will be substituted out if substitutes are available.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017 at 3:26 AM
    K Legacy likes this.
  2. Ortheore

Tagging chop because I screwed up the initial tag

3. drud

drud K-9 Sensitivity Moderator

i'd like to participate (i dont know why it was randomly translated, could be drunk)
    still cant host due to limited internet but playing is do-able

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  4. SamuelBest

SamuelBest A not so great HGSS player Member

Huston gave me the win
    [​IMG]

5. Ortheore

6. Ortheore

Ok, contact deadline. To my knowledge, p2, byronthewellwell, Genio., Zeden, melle2402 and Eseque have made no visible effort to contact their opponents. This is more players than we have subs, so in order to be fair I decided to RNG which subsitutions were made.

drud you're subbing in for Genio., melle2402
    Cali you're subbing in for Eseque, Linkin Karp

If you disagree with any of these decisions, please let me know ASAP so I can work something out

7. Foggi

Foggi Member

won 2-1

8. tjdaas

tjdaas Member

won 2-0 ggs

drud likes this.
  9. SamuelBest

SamuelBest A not so great HGSS player Member

Lost 0-2

10. p2

p2 Member

won in 2 ggs

11. Ortheore

Activity time

DMA vs peach_nair- kinda close tbh. DMA has claimed activity, and Peach didn't advise of an absence which impaired scheduling, but Peach's their vm convo suggests Peach is still relatively active. Since Cali vs LKarp is getting an extension I'll give you guys one as well
    Zeden vs chop- Zeden only responded once, Chop was pretty active, Chop wins
    drud vs melle2402- Did not communicate via vm afaik and have received no indication of scheduling otherwise, so this gets flipped. ok, flipped and Drud won
    Cali vs Linkin Karp- I think Cali could've been more helpful in scheduling, but this is too close to call. I'll give you guys a couple days, otherwise this is getting flipped
    SaDiSTiCNarwhal vs byronthewellwell- Narwhal left a vm, byron never responded, Narwhal wins

Those of you who got extensions, I'll be looking to make calls friday my time (+10)

edit: deadline is same time next week

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    DMA likes this.
  12. Ortheore

Oh, might as well tag tjdaas and Foggi, you guys have new opps

13. Linkin Karp

Linkin Karp Flop flop flop Member

That's kind of an understatement. Dropping out of this tour (and the entire season) because I won't ever seriously play the tier either way and I have too much to do irl to put up with this user anymore. Normally I'd insist on this getting flipped, but hey, have fun johning your way to the finals, I don't care.

14. SaDiSTiCNarwhal

SaDiSTiCNarwhal Member

Ortheore, Byron messaged me on discord yesterday. If we could get 1 or 2 more days to try and get the games in that would be nice. It's just the 14 hour difference that makes it difficult.

15. Ortheore

All good.

Also drud vs Cali now that linkin karp has pulled out

16. chop

chop BITCH I'M IN THE CUT Member

17. DMA

DMA Also known as CKW on SmogForums Member

Won in a 2-1 series, gg.

drud likes this.
  18. drud

drud K-9 Sensitivity Moderator