1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. Also, let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Finished ADV 1U World Championship #1 (Won by ThrashNinjax)

Discussion in 'ADV 1U Seasons' started by ThrashNinjax, Oct 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. byronthewellwell

byronthewellwell Member

won in 3. in g2 hax went either way but g3 was definitely one sided favouring me. sry dude

2. ThrashNinjax

ThrashNinjax Lets take to the Skies Host Emeritus

replays? hclat confirmed but I need replays / teams for the usage stats and all

3. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Fur and Power Leader

It's ok, he gave me the replays

drud likes this.
  4. Disaster Area

5. thelinearcurve

thelinearcurve Member

6. ThrashNinjax

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  7. autumn leaves

autumn leaves Member

happens gg

ThrashNinjax likes this.
  8. ThrashNinjax

Alrighty, the semi-finals are up! Keep in mind that the sets here are best-of-5, so you have to win 3 games to advance to the finals! Also there is no safety net, this time - win and advance, lose and you fight for the third place prize instead. Good luck to the three players and one esteemed host who've made it thus far!

Anyways I know you guys only care about the pairings so here they are:
    ThrashNinjax vs Kerts
    thelinearcurve vs byronthewellwell

Anyways, the deadline is the same Monday deadline it's always been, 12 PM GMT -5. I know its a little unfair because this is the middle of the week and all but I assume that with timezones lining up as they do and the no-johns spirit I've seen throughout stage 3 it should get done, and if it can't I'll hand out whatever extensions are necessary.

Anyways, gl hf guys, and may the best player win! FIGHT! FOR! YOUR! MONEY!!!!!!!!!

9. Disaster Area

Kerts and linear are definitely the favourites, should be some good sets tho

ThrashNinjax likes this.
  10. hclat

hclat Member

Never done predicts before but I just got knocked out so I decided to give my take on the rest.

Ninjax v Kerts

This is definitely Ninjax’s best effort in an ADV tour that I’ve seen. He combined his aggressive playstyle, creative teams, and counterteaming ability to beat BKC mostly cleanly in what has to be the upset of the tournament so far.

Kerts, on the other hand, is the only player left who is yet to drop a set. He unapologetically spams balanced-to-aggressive skarmory teams and seems impervious to counterteams (neither myelf nor linear were able to beat him despite knowing exactly what was coming). While ninjax will certainly bring something built to beat Kerts’ style, I see no reason to expect Kerts’ run to stop now and give him a 70-30 edge.

Linear v Byron

NGL I’m still pretty salty about my set vs Byron last round where he knocked me out of the tour. Funnily enough, Byron likely hasn’t been the favorite in a set since the first round, and yet he keeps winning. He’ll be the underdog here for sure, but he’s proven that he can win from this position so it’d be dumb to count him out.

Linear is the only remaining player who did not beat me in a set this tour. However, he's bullied me enough on ladder for me to fully know how good he is. This tour looked like it was on course for another BKC-linear rematch, and this tour is linear’s to lose at this point. I’ll give linear an 80-20 edge at this point.

Finals

I’m predicting a rematch of kerts-linear for the finals, and I’m gonna give the edge to the less-decorated Kerts in this one. Obviously, no disrespect to the 3x MT and callous cup champ, but I’m gonna cite their previous set as my reasoning for giving kerts the slight edge. Linear was unable to break kerts’ style despite bring mag+spinner all 3 games (leading mag for 2). Simply spoken, I think kerts has his number, so I give him a 60-40 edge in the finals.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  11. thelinearcurve

thelinearcurve Member

12. ThrashNinjax

[Gen 3] OU replay: Lord Ninjax vs. Fats Navarro - Pokémon Showdown
    [Gen 3] OU replay: Fats Navarro vs. Lord Ninjax - Pokémon Showdown
    [Gen 3] OU replay: Fats Navarro vs. Lord Ninjax - Pokémon Showdown

Not gonna lie, after g2 I thought I was down and out. 3 games later? Not so much. There was a lot of hax flying around as well but I think it balanced out, tbh, I did get the better end in some places so soz

Also seriously ggs Kerts, thanks for the games, you are a top caliber player and I can't wait to see you shredding mts again (and ofc redeeming your 1-4 in PPL for the same manager LOL), but yeah, twas super fun playing against you.

Think Finals and Number 3 should be self-explanatory but I'm putting it up anyways.

Finals:
    thelinearcurve vs ThrashNinjax
    Number 3:
    byronthewellwell vs Kerts

No deadlines, although I would appreciate it if you guys played sooner rather than later so yeah.

13. hclat

hclat Member

i take back my predicts

14. Stockings

Stockings Girl, don't waste your time on me Member

personal predix: linear, kerts favoured, ninjax becomes more powerful if u talk shit tho so be wary

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  15. Disaster Area

16. hclat

hclat Member

Finals Predicts:

Linearcurve 100-0 Trash ninjax

Ninjax is nearing the end of the what may be flukiest run in the history of competitive gaming. His “wins” are as follows: bkc, where im pretty sure he awarded himself the actwin as tour host. kerts, who if iirc he timered for his first 2 wins and then got 3 freezes in his third. Myself, when I was blackout drunk and am not sure if it was actually me playing the series. Coffe and ascel were his closest things to legitimate wins, where CallousNarrates ghosted him through both. Just to ease linear’s scouting efforts, I pulled up the most recent game ninjax actually played

[Gen 3] OU replay: Lord Ninjax vs. TreinerOrenge - Pokémon Showdown

Basically, even against someone who wasn’t on a tear like linear, ninjax would stand no chance in the finals and I advise him to forfeit now to save himself the embarrassment.

Disaster Area its his g2 team (pert and gon)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    Stockings and SaDiSTiCNarwhal like this.
  17. SaDiSTiCNarwhal

SaDiSTiCNarwhal Member

LORD (its literally right fucking there) Ninjax (99) v. (1) thelinearcurve

idk who that linear guy is, but I'll give him 1, due to having a surprise factor. A lot of times, GOATs like ninjax here over predict expecting a good play. Should be a nice 6-0 but I might catch it live just for the experience.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    ThrashNinjax and deluks917 like this.
  18. GGFan

GGFan Member

Congratulations are in order, ThrashNinjax. Not only is having reached the finals of this tournament an impressive feat, but moreso because of all the adversity you overcame along the way. It's always refreshing to see resilient and dedicated youngsters let their skills do the talking when confronted by bullying and harassment.

You have truly come a long way in a short period of time. I wish you the best of luck in the finals against linearcurve, who is a tremendous warrior in his own right.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  19. thelinearcurve

thelinearcurve Member

got demolished by Ninjax in a brutal series

thanks for the games, congrats on a fantastic tour. all the best for your future tournament games my friend :)

20. Stockings

Stockings Girl, don't waste your time on me Member

people don't think ninjax really be like that

but he do

Disaster Area and ThrashNinjax like this.
  21. Disaster Area

congrats!! Great achievement, you've improved a lot as a player in your time here. Hopefully you can put yourself in a position to play SPL this or next year too :) I think noone can deny this was legit ^^ it definitely says something

handing out medals in a moment

ThrashNinjax likes this.
  22. ThrashNinjax

[Gen 3] OU replay: Destination Zenith vs. 181D3M - Pokémon Showdown - g1 (Disaster Area my unrevealeds were meta / cune / aero)
    [Gen 3] OU replay: 181D3M vs. Destination Zenith - Pokémon Showdown - g2
    [Gen 3] OU replay: Destination Zenith vs. 181D3M - Pokémon Showdown - g4

Note: I actually forgot to save g3 (the only one linear won), but I recall the teams - I had tar / milo / mag / lax / meta / aero, he had zap / forry / pert / gar / tar / rachi. It was a tight game, I got some early breaks and a little luck but I messed up in the midgame and wasn't able to execute on it.

Anyways, yeah, seriously ggs, I was actually more scared of facing Kev but I won't deny I was really anxious leading up to this set and I stayed anxious until the end of g4. Linear, congrats, you're a top tier player, you've had a hell of a year (Callous cup + combined 14-2 record between PP's major team tours) and I only see you going further up with it. Stay based. Also congrats to Kerts and byron for their runs, and actually congrats to everyone else who participated in this tour, I hope you guys improved, got some fun games, and came away better for the experience.

As a host I was sorta anxious hosting another major tour, because of my last experience, but it was definitely an easier ride with this tour because actually I wound up having to start rounds early because everyone had played their games days in advance. So add an additional shoutout to all the players for getting their games done and creating little to no drama, seriously, thanks. Twas great.

From Ninjax the player: I wanted to do well in this tournament, but if you'd asked me honestly, even despite knowing that UD / Dan / PK / a lot of the better ADVers wouldn't be playing this tour I'd still have put my chances of about 40% to reach the top 8, and 5% in going any further. And yeah, here I am now. What a ride. It was super fun, thanks to all my opponents for the games and being good sports / good enough players that I was forced to awaken my inner dragon. Also gigantic shoutouts to Eden's Embrace deluks917 hclat for the countless test games they played with me and all the advice they gave. I'd say more on this, but I'll be posting an RMT sometime within the next week that elaborates a little more fully on it so.

Anyways, yeah, that concludes this tour for the most part. Will be getting into contact with linear / kerts / byron to discuss payment (hope TD bank works for those transactions) soon. Congrats to everyone else who participated, and can't wait to see you guys in more tours soon. Ninjax out

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017 at 3:43 PM
  23. PhilosopherKing

PhilosopherKing Member

Congratulations are in order! Although I did not participate in this tour due to extenuating circumstances, I am not sure I would have gotten as far as you did. This is definitely a great achievement, and I hope to play you in future tournaments.

24. Disaster Area

25. SaDiSTiCNarwhal

SaDiSTiCNarwhal Member

Shoulda put money on it. CONGRATS NINJAX!!!!!!!!!!

26. Osgoode

Osgoode Member

congrats lord ninjax, nicely done

Hofuku, Eden's Embrace, hclat and 4 others like this.
  27. Triangles

Triangles Member

Congrats ninjax my man

28. Void

Void Member

congrats. you really thrashed the competition this time.

29. autumn leaves

autumn leaves Member

damn man, nice job

congrats!!!

slayer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.