1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. Also, let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Roostur
Last Activity:
Jun 8, 2018

Awarded Medals 1

Followers 2

Birthday:
October 12

Share This Page

Roostur

Male

Just got on gen 2 for the first time in months and won my first game back with the old wak team. It was fun. Too bad offense sucks in gsc. Mar 22, 2018

Roostur was last seen:
Viewing forum list, Jun 8, 2018
    1. Roostur
      Roostur
      Just got on gen 2 for the first time in months and won my first game back with the old wak team. It was fun. Too bad offense sucks in gsc.
      1. Lojh
        Lojh
        While gsc has a bad rep for being stallish, higher ladder players are using more offensive teams like joltwak and parawak and machamp. I really shouldn’t talk because i play stall...
        Mar 23, 2018
    2. Roostur
      Roostur
      Why do some people have the ability to make matches and replays private on showdown?
      1. Roostur
        Roostur
        and why does it say "makes sure you have the owner's permission before sharing?" . What if you share anyway?
        Mar 5, 2018
      2. Sceptross
        Sceptross
        Everyone does! I do that most of the time, unless I'm using well-known or fun teams :) Just write "/ionext" before the battle starts on any chat room or window and your next battle will be private. If you are already in battle, "/hiddenroom" will do the trick.
        Mar 5, 2018
    3. Roostur
      Roostur
      Gen 2 is a ghost town on showdown.
      1. peach_nair likes this.
      2. Sceptross
        Sceptross
        Well I was laddering it some hours ago, and have been lately XD
        Feb 3, 2018
      3. Sceptross
        Sceptross
        Also hi birthday buddy :O
        Feb 3, 2018
    4. Motor Drive
      Motor Drive
      Hi Roostur, i don't know if you will see this message but I would like to ask to you your opinion about the new freeze-clause becouse I'm looking for opinion to write something on a site ! thx
      1. Roostur
        Roostur
        I’m not in the loop. Are they introducing a freeze clause to gen 2
        Jan 10, 2018
    5. GGFan
      GGFan
      Welcome back, Roostur! I realize I used to be hostile towards you in the past, but I've come to appreciate the different perspective you offer on the game. Don't let others' inappropriate language and like mobbing get you down. You're a valuable commodity regardless how many people agree or disagree with you.
      1. Hofuku and Roostur like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Roostur
        Roostur
        It is almost dead and they never ponder “hmmm.. why is that? Why is the gen before this one and the one after it more popular? What makes people hate our game?” That is a legitimate question with an answer to it.
        Dec 26, 2017
      4. Roostur
        Roostur
        Idk much about Rby. I’m only decent at it. But I hope to top the ladder at least once and win at least one tournament. That’s my goal. And hopefully make at least some innovation, if even a small one. If there are any left to make.
        Dec 26, 2017
      5. Hofuku
        Hofuku
        And thus the trifecta forms
        Feb 6, 2018
    6. Ariel Rebel
      Ariel Rebel
      It's "Ultra Mega Roostur" btw

I know I am a few months late. Just starting to catch up here.
      1. Roostur likes this.
    7. Roostur
      Roostur
      When it comes to fresh tauros vs fresh dragonite, many tauros use blizzard. I think the correct play is body slam.
      1. Captain obliviius likes this.
      3. Roostur
        Roostur
        I mean. I played that end game exactly how I was suppose to. Lol. It is just sometimes the poke gods want the other player to win. So.. I haven't been keeping score but the last game is what matters to me because that is the most improved version of me. Like I said. I don't think it is the team, just me that needs improving.
        Aug 19, 2017
      4. Captain obliviius
        Captain obliviius
        Sometimes I think what we call RNG is aliens controlling a switchboard. And systematically they screw players over for kicks. And I get you, last match is important. Tbh its still bugging me lol. But For me its the series. Haven't played any tournaments yet but I know you gotta beat good players 2/3 or 3/5.
        Aug 19, 2017
      5. Captain obliviius
        Captain obliviius
        If you keep beating my specially made to beat wrappers team then I will have to rethink my whole strategy lol. After a few tears.
        Aug 19, 2017
    8. Roostur
      Roostur
      Playing stall in gen 2 is like grabbing ledge over and over again with puff in melee. Except our exploit is made artificially thru bans.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Eseque
        Eseque
        Ok. That is interesting. Also, you say you were banned from Smogon for telling them how good Charizard is. What does that mean?
        Jul 27, 2017
      3. Roostur
        Roostur
        I basically said what I said in my charizard analyses, and then was blatantly insulted for my view by one of the moderators. Jellicent, who knows nothing about gen 2. He is someone who me and players 10 tiers below me could beat in their sleep in gen 2. So since I was insulted, I insulted back and because he was a moderator I was banned.
        Jul 27, 2017
      4. Eseque
        Eseque
        That's rough. Speaking of that Charizard set, was it your idea or did someone else come up with it originally?
        Jul 27, 2017
    9. Roostur
      Roostur
      If anyone sees me on showdown and wants to play a gen 2 custom game where sleep perish trapping is legal, challenge me.
      1. Jame$ G
        Jame$ G
        I'll have a sleep perish trappers game with you man, you online now?
        Jul 8, 2017
    10. Roostur
      Roostur
      I want to play vanilla gen 2 so bad. I'm actually really bored with the meta as is. I really want to play the vanilla game with people.
      1. Ch01W0n5h1n likes this.
      3. Roostur
        Roostur
        I want to use perish sleep trapping gengar so bad Dx . Also bright powder + evasion moves would be nice to experiment with.
        Jun 20, 2017
      4. Ch01W0n5h1n
        Ch01W0n5h1n
        That would as well mean OHKO Moves would be allowed. Could have a big impact on the metagame, especially if you can incorporate it in a stall team.
        Jun 20, 2017
      5. Roostur
        Roostur
        Evasion moves would be a good counter against those.
        Jun 20, 2017
    11. Ariel Rebel
      Ariel Rebel
      Someone random on showdown messaged me to express rage re: Donphan. I think that was meant for you ;p
      1. Roostur and Disaster Area like this.
    12. Roostur
      Roostur
      I wish there was a pursuiter for pursuiters.
      1. Zeno likes this.
      2. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        trapping rock-paper-scissors is the shittiest thing trust me...
        Jun 4, 2017
      3. Zeno
        Zeno
        lmfao
        Jun 6, 2017
    13. Roostur
      Roostur
      All of us pokemon players are basically frauds. If Stephen Hawking played this game we'd all be fucking exposed.
    14. Ch01W0n5h1n
      Ch01W0n5h1n
      Thoughts about Brightpowder on Zard (GSC)? Leftovers don´t seem too appealing to me and Pink Pow isn´t the item of my Choice tbh
      2. Roostur
        Roostur
        bright powder does have its uses. I can see it being useful. If raikou comes in to kill you with thunder after you have belly drummed he has a higher chance of missing and then you get the kill.
        Mar 29, 2017
      3. Roostur
        Roostur
        But it just isn't reliable and so I never use it.
        Mar 29, 2017
      4. Ch01W0n5h1n
        Ch01W0n5h1n
        I mean more often then not you won´t be able to recover from Leftovers with it decently so Brightpowder gives you a shot to be able to win impossible Matchups at least with a little chance, since Zard is a pretty aggressive Mon to play with. (Reducing Thunders accuracy even further is kinda nice though). But I do see your point
        Mar 29, 2017
    15. Texas Cloverleaf
      Texas Cloverleaf
      message me on smogtours or discord, i'll be there for the forseeable future
    16. Roostur
      Roostur
      I think one of the first steps you should take in competitive pokemon is naming yourself after an animal.
      1. ThriceElite likes this.
      2. ThriceElite
        ThriceElite
        Harambe is the greatest dead gorilla of all time.
        Jun 9, 2017
    17. CALLOUS
      CALLOUS
      You realize HODOR hasn't been on since January, right?
      1. Roostur
        Roostur
        haha yeah but i thought i'd give it a shot anyway
        Mar 22, 2017
      2. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        Mar 22, 2017
    18. Roostur
      Roostur
      The switch is out of stock everywheerreeee. UGGGHHHH
    19. Roostur
      Roostur
      What is with this thing on showdown where I can't use vaporeon with growth unless it is shiny?
      1. Ch01W0n5h1n
        Ch01W0n5h1n
        I heard that Growth Vaporeon was just avaible as a Shiny Event Pokemon so that is why it has to be shiny.
        Feb 26, 2017
      2. Roostur
        Roostur
        Okay. That's interesting.
        Feb 26, 2017
    20. Roostur
      Roostur
      Pokemon showdown said my team crashed the team validator. First time that has happened to me.
    21. Roostur
      Roostur
      Why do we play on a rby simulator instead of a pokemon stadium simulator?
      2. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        Yeah there are historic / traditional reasons for it, but it has now become standard practice that we use the last cartridge released in the generation for the standard (mechanics-wise) with all moves obtainable before the release of the next generation legal (so no tradebacks, but moves from later non-cartridge games allowed.)
        Feb 24, 2017
      3. Roostur
        Roostur
        Why is that rule in place? Is it for balance?
        Feb 24, 2017
      4. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        a combination of preference / consistency / tradition
        Feb 24, 2017
    22. Roostur
      Roostur
      In pokemon the first movie dragonite delivers mail, meaning he is intelligent enough to read addresses.
      1. Roostur
        Roostur
        We really should look at the ethics of keeping these creatures enslaved.
        Feb 22, 2017
    23. Roostur
      Roostur
      What would a gen 2 metagame look like if nothing at all was banned?
      1. Ariel Rebel
        Ariel Rebel
        Exploding kittens.
        Feb 20, 2017
      2. Disaster Area
        Feb 20, 2017
      3. Jame$ G
        Jame$ G
        The answer to this question was always said to be "an all fish Tauros roster". People actually stored that team back in the day for that exact situation.

Mew, Tauros & Dragonite would most likely be on most teams in more than one slot.
        Feb 21, 2017
    24. Roostur
      Roostur
      Random thought: It'd be cool to have one poke tournament where you are locked into the first team you use for the whole tournament.
      1. Ch01W0n5h1n
        Ch01W0n5h1n
        I thought about something like this too, then one would be forced to use the team he deems most consistent (similar to tournaments in TCGs). Another option would be to add a "sub" Pokemon a player can exchange anytime with his team.
        Feb 16, 2017
      2. Roostur
        Roostur
        It'd just be cool to see players studying their next opponent's team and coming up with strategies. The level of play would be through the roof. It'd be awesome.
        Feb 16, 2017
    25. HODOR
      HODOR
      We need to fite for that gsc thing
    26. Roostur
      Roostur
      I'm super pumped to play in the gsc tournament. woo! My matches can't come soon enough. It's gonna be fun.
      1. Disaster Area likes this.
    27. Roostur
      Roostur
      Why are people not speaking out more about these god awful sprites on ps? They use to be clear and now they are pixelated and blurry.
      2. Roostur
        Roostur
        Bigger sprites are cool, but they obviously aren't meant to be that way. You can't make them bigger with out exposing all the pixels. If they could be redrawn bigger that'd be cool, but they aren't. They are still the small sprites, it's just they are zoomed in on.
        Jan 6, 2017
      3. Roostur
        Roostur
        As long as they look blurry and I can see the pixels I'll never be use to them.
        Jan 6, 2017
      4. ThrashNinjax
        ThrashNinjax
        we all hate the large sprites but ps is a dictatorship so our complaints were ignored
        Jan 7, 2017
    28. autumn leaves
      autumn leaves
      hi, I'm just wondering if you have another username others might recognize you more by, since you said you were one of the better gsc players
      2. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        'But I was banned from smogon and not able to enter tournaments' haha join the club (same is true for me and ggfan)... glad to have you here :]
        Jan 1, 2017
      3. Roostur
        Roostur
        Lol. Thanks. It's nice to be here. It's a much more friendlier place than smogon so far.
        Jan 1, 2017
      4. Roostur
        Roostur
        Bkc >:D
        Mar 25, 2017
    29. Roostur
      Roostur
      I beat bomber and movieaboutcancer with a donphan team today in gen2. i feel good about myself.
      2. Bomber
        Bomber
        i dont get revenge. i just find ridiculous that anyone should boast to have beat me. im noone
        Jan 1, 2017
      3. Roostur
        Roostur
        Well if anything I would take it as a compliment. I wouldn't boast about beating a bad player. You're a good gsc player.
        Jan 1, 2017
      4. Roostur
        Roostur
        And I wasn't saying you are bad. You obviously aren't. You beat me last time we played. I just thought it was cool that I was able to win with donphan. That's all.
        Jan 1, 2017
  • About

Birthday:
    October 12