1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. Also, let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Disaster Area
Last Activity:
Aug 21, 2017 at 11:43 PM

Awarded Medals 6

Birthday:
Apr 18, 1996 (Age: 21)
Student

Share This Page

Disaster Area

Little Ball of Fur and Power, Male, 21, from Manchester, UK

Global Moderator

İnanmışam.. Güvənmişəm... Sevinmişəm.. Tərk edilmişəm... https://youtu.be/G6aetkhXYGw May 25, 2017

Disaster Area was last seen:
Viewing thread Viability Rankings, Aug 21, 2017 at 11:43 PM
    1. GGFan
      GGFan
      Just letting you know now that I might be 15-30 minutes late.
      1. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        No worries, I'll see you when I see you. I'll idle in RoA too if you find you can't get yourself onto the PP server
        Aug 19, 2017 at 12:47 PM
      2. GGFan
        GGFan
        Thanks.
        Aug 19, 2017 at 1:12 PM
    2. GGFan
      GGFan
      Can you log onto ROA? I can't access the Pokemon Perfect server.
    3. GGFan
      GGFan
      I'm GMT +8. To be honest I don't really like playing at night, after work. Is 10 AM my time too early for you?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        monday at 8-10pm your time, so midday to 2pm my time, I can probably also do, but I can guarantee playing at 2am my time better lol
        Aug 8, 2017
      3. GGFan
        GGFan
        When? Monday?
        Aug 8, 2017
      4. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        left another msg on discord
        Aug 9, 2017
    4. Omfuga
      Omfuga
      hey if you're gonna force me onto a team that won't let me play at least give me my trophy!!
      1. Lutra likes this.
    5. Disaster Area
      Disaster Area
      1. Ch01W0n5h1n
        Ch01W0n5h1n
        In b4 Da learns to speak Turkish Dialects better than I do lol
        May 25, 2017
      2. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        lol no way xD I barely speak anything outside of English. Some vaguely fluent french and some italian curses and that about rounds off my knowledge
        May 25, 2017
    6. Disaster Area
      Disaster Area
      friendly reminder that if you want to play smogon tiers, you can play them on smogon
      1. Huston and Linkin Karp like this.
    7. Ortheore
      Ortheore
      Who'll be hosting wcopp? If you want someone neutral to help out I can, since I'm unlikely to take part
      1. Diegolh likes this.
      2. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        Oh, that's a good point. I was planning to host it but if you intend on not taking part and hosting it that would be really helpful of you. I'll manage the votes etc. for now but you can do player signups onward (Aug 28th)
        May 12, 2017
      3. Ortheore
        Ortheore
        y sure can do
        May 13, 2017
      4. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        May 13, 2017
    8. thelinekioubeur
      thelinekioubeur
      When 6A ?
      1. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        whenever, idle on pp server ig
        May 12, 2017
    9. Disaster Area
      1. DMA
        DMA
        :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
        Hello!
        May 11, 2017
      2. Disaster Area
        May 11, 2017
    10. Conni
      Conni
      would belgium count for team europe in wcopp or team france depending on the region?
      2. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        ya im just saying the teams aren't set in stone is all
        May 11, 2017
      3. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        yo since drud made a benelux team do u want someone else to do europe and join his benelux team?
        May 12, 2017
      4. Conni
        Conni
        sure, thanks
        May 12, 2017
    11. prozac
      prozac
      hi beautiful, let's share teams
    12. kael
      kael
      hi wanna play today how i search pp server in showdon
      1. Disaster Area
    13. Conni
    14. kael
      kael
      thx for help disaster area ^^
      1. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        np :)

do u remember me from the ladder?
        Apr 15, 2017
    15. musicaltide
      musicaltide
      How are you pure fire? Maybe I should find myself a Flareon avatar... ;D
    16. Disaster Area
      Disaster Area
      RBY 3U World Championship signups go up in 2 weeks. Time to start practicing!
    17. GGFan
      GGFan
      If you lose a set in PPL but win one game, does that count towards anything?
      1. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        yeah, it's another battle won so if two teams tie for a playoffs spot and have in addition won the same number of games then it goes down to the number of battles won minus the number of battles lost
        Mar 27, 2017
    18. Isza
      Isza
      is the rby ladder tour thingy results recorded? i swear deadline was a few hours ago
      1. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        ask mister tim
        Mar 27, 2017
      2. Linkin Karp
        Linkin Karp
        Mister Tim is always a bit late but if you post the scores in the thread there won't be a problem lol
        Mar 27, 2017
      3. Isza
        Isza
        i see thanks alot
        Mar 27, 2017
    19. ThrashNinjax
      ThrashNinjax
      Piex smells that is a fact
      2. ThrashNinjax
        ThrashNinjax
        still reads img just tell me what its supposed to look like
        Mar 24, 2017
      3. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        now u seen tho
        my flareon obsession is on point
        Mar 24, 2017
      4. ThrashNinjax
        ThrashNinjax
        Y, flareon - :ok_hand:
        Mar 24, 2017
    20. Disaster Area
      Disaster Area
    21. magic9mushroom
      magic9mushroom
      Who burned RBY2K10?
      1. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        I don't know, I'd guess Isa? If anyone knows it would be Isa anyway
        Mar 20, 2017
      2. magic9mushroom
        magic9mushroom
        I see. I just guessed you might know since whoever it is clearly likes PP.
        Mar 21, 2017
      3. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        that or at least they recognise we're the best place for rby. But yeah I don't personally know who did it
        Mar 21, 2017
    22. Ron
      Ron
      hi, maybe about the problem with the Oras 1u season that was not really active and only a few players joined it I can help, I am sure that if I will inform the italian community about an Oras 1u season a lot of players would be really happy to partecipate. Furthermore, I could help in the eventual hosting of the season since Oras is my main tier. Anyway, if you need me for this just contact me :]
      1. Disaster Area likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        I'll put up a minitour this weekend
        Mar 14, 2017
      4. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        I decided to go the SM route instead since I think it's in more urgent need of testing for balance and stuff. You able to bring anyone along? Also you should join the discord chat https://discord.gg/qpMjpcM ... if we can get SM 1U going it shouldn't be as hard to pick up a playerbase for ORAS 1U anyway and it gives me some time to get more analyses done
        Mar 21, 2017
      5. Ron
        Ron
        yes, I agree that at the moment SM 1U needs testing, I will try and invite players to join the tour
        Mar 21, 2017
    23. melle2402
      melle2402
      Why dont you do the auction on po?
      1. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        You know who has the auction bot? Also PO is kinda gross since I can't make the downloaded client work on my OS and the webclient is garbo
        Mar 9, 2017
      2. CALLOUS
        CALLOUS
        I don't think you doing it manually is actually the worst idea in the world, but I'll do whatever you think is best.

Someone running it manually gives all managers time to make bids if they want to make them and it gives everyone time to write down/follow along as things happen.
        Mar 9, 2017
    24. Disaster Area
      Disaster Area
      just done my 60th analysis! :D
      1. Klefkwi likes this.
    25. Texas Cloverleaf
      Texas Cloverleaf
      Y'all forgot to ban SleepTrapPass from gsc
      2. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        I understand Ortheore kinda wants that thing redone anyway ... also, if you had changed your vote it would have basically been split because it was so close so ... I'll contact ortheore about it, see what he wants to do.
        Feb 28, 2017
      3. Ortheore
        Ortheore
        I agree that the tactic is kinda bs. I might open a discussion soon, centring around SleepTrapPass with potential action of banning SleepTrap

Also you may want to check about the rule on smogon. iirc we played on smogtours and I wasn't caught by any rules and I don't remember ever reading about SleepTrapPass bans on smogon, so maybe there's been some oversight there
        Feb 28, 2017
      4. Ortheore
        Ortheore
        Also fwiw I'm pretty sure I did bring it up in the discussion, but it might've been overlooked as it was with a bunch of other stuff
        Mar 1, 2017
    26. Disaster Area
      Disaster Area
      RBY 5U is the best tier if you have a passionate hatred of arms.
      1. Eden's Embrace
        Eden's Embrace
        Do you need a hand with this tier? /joke
        Feb 27, 2017
      2. Disaster Area
        Feb 28, 2017
    27. Roostur
      Roostur
      Has there ever been a player who has dominated with Dragonite agility wrap? So many people complain about it but I have a hard time finding players who are good with it.
      1. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        I don't think anyone has really 'dominated' with it. Dre (I think?) used to be a wrap fanatic who actively played (before PP days) so maybe he had a lot of success with it. But yea nowadays most players don't use it either because of stigma or because of unreliability. There's a reason it's only C rank in the RBY VR.
        Feb 21, 2017
      2. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        That being said, I'm fond of using it once in a while and I've met a few players here and there who are open to and learning how to use it. But most of the top players never touch it.
        Feb 21, 2017
    28. j2dahop
      j2dahop
      Hi. I'm new to the site, signed up for RBY 1U season 11. I saw MT31 started already. How often are these tourneys, when should I be on the look out for the next one?
      2. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        * a bit less than a month actually since we're just about into round 3 now. So yea about 3 weeks give or take
        Jan 23, 2017
      3. j2dahop
        j2dahop
        Hey man. Genesis and I are likely playing Tuesday 2/28 for rby mt 32. That cool?
        Feb 23, 2017
      4. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        yeah, thanks for letting me know
        Feb 23, 2017
    29. GGFan
      GGFan
      Can I get an extension? I was on all day today but didn't see gorgie. It's around 11:30 PM my time and I can't be on much longer.
      1. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        yeah sure
        Jan 22, 2017
    30. Conni
      Conni
      hi im resigning from articles leader but i can still check articles if needed.
      ty for everything
    31. Disaster Area
      Disaster Area
      40 / 31 / 51 / 45 so far
    32. Disaster Area
      Disaster Area
      bout to be some big news
    33. During Summer
      During Summer
      Hello, i would love to change my nickname, how am i supposed to do?
      1. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        send a vm to lutra :)
        Dec 24, 2016
      2. During Summer
        During Summer
        question 2: forgot how to join tours lol
        Dec 24, 2016
      3. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        generally, just post 'in' in the signups thread
        on the week starting jan 2nd, signups will be up btw for rby/gsc/adv/dpp seasons
        Dec 24, 2016
    34. ThriceElite
      ThriceElite
      omg the huge sprites on showdown are so dumb lol you can SEE the damn pixels on the sprites even and it looks all zoomed in and awkward and sucky ugh
      1. Roostur likes this.
      2. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        ya ur not the only one who doesn't like it lol
        Dec 15, 2016
    35. GGFan
      GGFan
      Oh, I just noticed that Bedschibaer has two runner-up medals: one for making the finals of an RBY MT and one for a GSC Tour. Could I get a medal for making the finals of the ADV MT?
      1. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        ADV MT medal will be given out when the ADV Season ends. International league is yet to conclude so it's not concluded yet.
        Dec 15, 2016
      2. GGFan
        GGFan
        Ah ok, thanks for letting me know.
        Dec 15, 2016
    36. GGFan
      GGFan
      Do you get a medal for finishing 3rd in the International League? If so, then me, Mister Tim, and the other guy on our team should get one.
      2. GGFan
        GGFan
        And what about the GSC medal? Can I get a bronze medal for making the semi finals of a GSC MT?
        Dec 15, 2016
      3. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        uh I guess. Can u find out how up to date the GSC medals are so I can give everyone who's missing any their medals?
        Dec 15, 2016
      4. GGFan
        GGFan
        Well, let's make a deal: give me my medal, and I promise I'll round up the rest of them.
        Dec 17, 2016
    37. GGFan
      GGFan
      Please give me my medal for finishing in 3rd place of the Player Rankings.
      1. prozac likes this.
      2. Disaster Area
        Dec 14, 2016
      3. GGFan
        GGFan
        ty
        Dec 15, 2016
    38. Zeno
      Zeno
      :D
      2. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        Dec 1, 2016
      3. Zeno
        Zeno
        love flareon :>
        Dec 1, 2016
      4. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        me too :D :>>>>>
        Dec 1, 2016
    39. Disaster Area
      Disaster Area
      Deceptively Strong... Like a Mongoose
    40. Ortheore
      Ortheore
      you know I've always wondered why Primal Ogre was banned in oras/sm 1u. It just doesn't seem on par with the other stuff that's banned and idk what testing's been done. I know in ubers on other sites it's good but not broken. Idk, I'm just curious since it's not really anything I'm going to be sticking my hand into anytime soon
      1. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        Basically it's too powerful. There's not much that can switch into SpecsOgre in ORAS 1U (to the point i feel Kyogre could well be suspect-worthy in SM 1U with the nerf of Soul Dew) and Primal Ogre comes very close to that level of power. Pogre can beat offensive palkia no problem, and gastrodon, and 2HKOs Lati@s with Blizzard iirc.
        Nov 19, 2016
      2. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        It's not as powerful in ORAS Ubers because Primal Groudon has insanely high usage and POgre is less effective as a consequence.
        Nov 19, 2016
    41. Disaster Area
      Disaster Area
      working on Violet squads~ if anyone's down for some games hmu
    42. Disaster Area
      Disaster Area
      u know uve been doin 2 much hyperbolic geometry when u see a rainbow and ur first thought is about how its a geodesic -
    43. Disaster Area
    44. Sobi
      Sobi
      Is there a reason you didn't remove the 1k mentions from your article? They seem out-of-place and, well, irrelevant for an article :S
      1. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        yea b/c it's my 1k post l0l
        Oct 8, 2016
      2. Sobi
        Sobi
        it's also an article, haha
        Oct 8, 2016
    45. Disaster Area
      Disaster Area
      np: Pham - My Way (ft. Malcolm Anthony)
    46. GGFan
      GGFan
      I don't know if I can make any of his proposed times.
    47. Disaster Area
      Disaster Area
      I ship Ash x Serena
      2. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        If you like. I think Serena is cuter tho and if u watch the episode I posted in the Skype chat Ash and Serena are clearly just destined to be a couple imo.
        Sep 11, 2016
      3. supercube64
        supercube64
        I haven't been keeping up to date with the anime, but what episode is that?
        Sep 21, 2016
      4. Disaster Area
        Disaster Area
        idr but there's quite a few lol :>
        Sep 21, 2016
    48. Disaster Area
    49. Disaster Area
      Disaster Area
      I am the god of shitmons.
    50. Disaster Area
      Disaster Area
      Broke my laptop. Got it fixed now, mt28 going up asap.
  • About

Birthday:
    Apr 18, 1996 (Age: 21)
    Student

Interact

Content:
    Twitter:
    DisasterAreaPP

Signature

73 analyses done so far *

*Excludes ADV 2U-L analyses, RBY 2P analyses, and analyses done on other websites such as Smogon and PO.

[​IMG]