1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

DarkCyborg's Recent Activity

1. DarkCyborg replied to the thread RBY OU / 1U (OverUsed) Remove Sleep and Freeze Clause, and ban Reflect.

I know, that's what I said: "it works for event encounters". I'm saying that you actually spend more time to obtain pokémon that cannot...

May 3, 2019
  2. DarkCyborg replied to the thread RBY OU / 1U (OverUsed) Remove Sleep and Freeze Clause, and ban Reflect.

1 minute to catch a pokémon? Ok, for event encounters, maybe it's fine (I'll discuss it later). For the rest, you actually need to find...

May 2, 2019
  3. DarkCyborg replied to the thread RBY OU / 1U (OverUsed) Remove Sleep and Freeze Clause, and ban Reflect.

If you take probability and available time into account, to get every meta relevant pokémon with ideal stats (even if "ideal" does not...

May 2, 2019
  4. DarkCyborg liked Disaster Area's post in the thread RBY [Violet] Tauros.

Tauros [IMG] Type: Normal Stats: 75 | 100 | 95 | 70 | 110 Changes In Violet Pertinent To This Analysis: - Body Slam can paralyze...

May 2, 2019
  5. DarkCyborg replied to the thread RBY OU / 1U (OverUsed) Remove Sleep and Freeze Clause, and ban Reflect.

Not impossible. I currently have no time to test again, but if you want to test (or maybe Crystal), I used the emulator TGBDual vol. 7...

May 1, 2019
  6. DarkCyborg replied to the thread RBY OU / 1U (OverUsed) Remove Sleep and Freeze Clause, and ban Reflect.

If so, we can just play on cartridge. Or use an emulator. Use PikaSAV, build your pokémon and battle whoever you want using the original...

May 1, 2019
  7. DarkCyborg replied to the thread RBY OU / 1U (OverUsed) Remove Sleep and Freeze Clause, and ban Reflect.

Ortheore nah, I meant no harm with my post. I just disagreed from most part of the idea, specially Freeze Clause and the common thinking...

May 1, 2019
  8. DarkCyborg liked Ortheore's post in the thread RBY OU / 1U (OverUsed) Remove Sleep and Freeze Clause, and ban Reflect.

I think we're going to just have to disagree on how common freeze clause is- afaik there's no data to resolve any dispute on it. As for...

May 1, 2019
  9. DarkCyborg replied to the thread RBY OU / 1U (OverUsed) Remove Sleep and Freeze Clause, and ban Reflect.

Matches where freeze clause is activated more than one time are not hypotetical, and happens every day on ladder. Ok, ok, paralysis is...

Apr 30, 2019
  10. DarkCyborg replied to the thread RBY OU / 1U (OverUsed) Remove Sleep and Freeze Clause, and ban Reflect.

There are a good reasons why playing on simulator are a better thing than playing on cartridge - besides the difficulty of linking two...

Apr 30, 2019
  11. DarkCyborg replied to the thread RBY Orth's Theorymon- Rebalancing RBY.

Just a small correction: it speed-ties Jolteon. With EQ, Jolteon vs Aero would be nice, as both 2HKO each other. Aero has support...

Apr 22, 2019
  12. DarkCyborg liked Disaster Area's post in the thread Community Officially Resigning as Leader.

come and play violet its fun

Apr 19, 2019
  13. DarkCyborg liked Enigami's post in the thread Pokémon [APRIL FOOLS] Latias Freed.

After much testing and collaboration with tidaas, Lutrɑ, FriendOfMrGolem12O, HS0WA, and SɑmuelBest, it has been decided that Latias will...

Apr 1, 2019
  14. DarkCyborg replied to the thread Pokémon [APRIL FOOLS] Latias Freed.

Happy April Fools day for you guys too!

Apr 1, 2019
  15. DarkCyborg replied to the thread RBY OU / 1U (OverUsed) Viability Rankings.

Fire Blast has 30% burn rate in RBY. That said, I guess that FB Tauros can do stuff like: 1) Burn the enemy Tauros on a ditto. Burning...

Mar 27, 2019